Monday, November 19, 2012

Cat 22

Cat 22.
Acrylic on Masonite. 9" x 12".
(sold)

I liked the front porch image, and had to explore it further.
This is Tiger again, cleaning himself on the porch railing in the morning fog. There was no lap to sit on.

The light is constantly changing throughout the day, with the fog bank rising and dissipating off the Snoqualmie River valley in the distance. Its difficult to settle on any one solution.

This started as a foggy morning painting, but it was listing to the right and needed more balance. I added the more distant elements to the left side with the rising fog bank from the river behind the trees, and by including the road below I ended up with a nice counterbalance diagonal with the cats front leg. I was particularly interested the red halo effect by the light hitting from behind the leaves of the big leaf maple. I want to do more with that.



This was an earlier version, where I had opted for the fog bank covering everything in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment