Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cat 23

Cat 23.
Acrylic on Masonite, 12" x 16".
(sold)

Back to the stripes, again. This is a painting of "Miss Kitty", an older cat I had taken on from a co-worker a short time before I found Lizzy. Soon after I brought her home, I realized she had some very serious problems, and ended up having to put her down a month later, diagnosed with severe damage to her colon. I was amazed at how quickly I became attached to her- and how hard loosing her hit me. She had a nice personality, very content and good natured.

 I was very focused painting the striped comforter, which satisfied my need to be fussy and detailed. I like the repeating patterns in the comforter and curtains, and the transition pattern zone between them on the cat. I probably should have positioned her more to the left, but the angle of her torso and extended paw keeps the composition stable and not listing too far to the right .

No comments:

Post a Comment