Monday, November 26, 2012

Cat 27

 Cat 27.
Acrylic on canvas board. 12" x 16".

I give up. There is just no salvaging some things.
I have reworked this so many times that I have lost the original canvas texture.
On this last version I used sandpaper to remove the build up of paint in the background.

I like the fluid form of the cat with the hard geometry of the architectural structure and the back lighting. I added the soft curtain material to resolve the harsh back ground, but it just is not working for me.
The angle of the table surface was an ongoing challenge as it is actually an elongated octagon which ended up looking improbable no matter how I adjusted it. The shallow bay window also had challenging angles.
I will need to try this again and put more thought into the composition before jumping into the paint.


Cat 27, earlier version.



No comments:

Post a Comment