Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cat 16

Cat 16.
Acrylic on Masonite. 12" x 16".

 Lizzy enjoys cramming herself into the small shallow box. Perhaps a comforting sensation to be contained but not confined. The small box emphasizes her chubby tummy.

I was ready to tackle a more challenging form and drawn to the back lighting, the strong shadows cast, and the reflective colors.
This was perhaps too challenging. This turned out to be one of those images that was believable as a photo, but looked distorted as a painting. I changed the architectural angles numerous times as they never quite read right, and t
he angles of her legs were impossible to resolve.

This is a painting that I will probably pull out again after a lot of time goes by and see if I can salvage it. It is so overworked that it has lost any feel of life, and looks like a rigid cardboard cutout to me. I will likely end up sanding it off and applying a coat of gesso to reuse it for a better purpose.

12-31-2016: I am sanding it down. The composition of this is so dreadful that it is not worth pursuing...

No comments:

Post a Comment