Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cat 47

I decided to rework this painting (above) about three years later (see the original below).
I never did locate the source photo I had worked from, but was able to find a very similar pose, although with different lighting. Aside from adjusting a few angles and proportions, the main difference was working with mixing color using only yellow, red, blue and white; and using more neutral colors. I still need to resolve the feet, and chair surface...


Cat 47: Fat Lizzy.
Acrylic on canvas. 14" x 11".

Lizzy had her annual check up with her vet last week, and was informed she needed to loose a little weight. So here is fat Lizzy.
Her new diet is not difficult-  I'm weaning her off the high carb dry food she has constant access to, and substituting canned food, with a higher moisture content. Until she gets the hang of it, I am having to dish out food every few hours. After a week she has already learned to eat more at less frequent intervals, so I think this will work out over time.

I started this painting yesterday, and it feels about finished to me. I have a few things yet to resolve, mostly in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment