Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cat 42

Cat 42, Cat Bath.
Acrylic on Masonite. 12" x 12".

Lizzy cleaning her foot, sitting on dad's old computer chair. It's her chair now, because the cat hair imbedded in the fabric is permanent- I can't get it out.

I haven't touched this painting for nearly a week, so I suppose I am done with it.

With this painting I made a point of sticking to a more limited range of colors, and softened the edges of forms more than I usually do. I am happy with the results. I like the simple diagonal forms, and the simple background.
I'm not sure I like the yellow tint in the background being the same as on the chair seat- it puts the two on the same visual plane. The yellow background wants to pull forward next to the cooler toned chair back. This flattens the whole thing.
I may rethink that, and cool down the wall in the background so it visually recedes behind the chair.
Or maybe I like the tension?

No comments:

Post a Comment