Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pink Trailer in the Morning

Pink Trailer in the Morning.
Acrylic on Canvas. 11" x 14".
(sold)

On the corner by the stop sign is another older trailer, which has hand built additions sprouting off of it. The property is empty except for a short row of cedars, no doubt planted many years ago to create a privacy screen from the road. The lower branches had been removed at some point, probably for ease of mowing the grass, leaving what looks like a row of posts, top heavy with branches.
The man who lives there is very reclusive, and a bit cranky.

The sun dappled lawn and strong early morning shadows appealed to me. I like the combination of curves and sharp angles on this hybrid trailer/home old enough to still have the odd rocket-fin angles. I also like the general pink and green tones. I made some progress towards stating the trees as belonging to different species, but I could take this further.

No comments:

Post a Comment