Monday, January 7, 2013

Blue Trailer in the Evening

Blue Trailer in the Evening.
Acrylic on Canvas. 11" x 14".

I tried the same view in the evening light. What really grabbed my attention while driving by one evening was the shadows cast by the tree on the front of the blue trailer.
In the end, the cedar tree really took most of my attention, trying to nail down the textures and form without painting every tiny detail. In reality the trunk does not lean such an extreme angle, but the composition was so static, it called for at least a suggestion of a diagonal line.

I don't care for the way I handled the left side of the blue structure. It feels too abruptly cut off and not thought out very well. It's pretty obvious that I wasn't interested in that part of the image.  I am definitely improving at incorporating the range of colors throughout the image, and not leaving them so isolated.

No comments:

Post a Comment