Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cat 7

Cat 7, reworked a few years later. Made corrections to the forms, and changed the color schematics. New pallet used was ultramarine blue, cadmium red and yellow oxide.
The original entry is shown below:

Cat 7.
Acrylic on Masonite,
9" x 12".

Another try at the cat on the chair back. I lost my direction on this one and reworked it several times, ending up shifting into the blue tones. I was pleased with the tones in the white areas, the overall texture, and the warmer under painting showing through the cooler colors; but wish there was more overall  light and shadow continuity. This ended up a bit too pastel for my taste- I prefer more contrast.

The distortion of the facial features still bothers me, and wish I had paid more attention to the angle on the head and correct placement of the features.

No comments:

Post a Comment