Friday, November 16, 2012

Cat 18


Cat 18.
Acrylic on Masonite. 9" x 12".

I decided to rework this early painting 4 years later (2016) to see what could be done to improve it. I found the angles in the original composition a little awkward, the form of the cat stiff, and the background distracting. So I softened the background and removed some structural elements, and incorporated more background colors into the cat. The hind leg in the foreground still looks unresolved to me.

Here is the original entry:
Lizzy in a "bunny" pose, dozing in the sun again. I was attracted to the awkward positioning of her legs and feet.
This was another awkward pose that challenged me, and never felt resolved. I would like to see a little more definition in the white areas of the cat. The background needs to relate more to the foreground. Darkening the window frame might have worked better. Or perhaps adding a suggestion of what is outside the window. 

No comments:

Post a Comment